My 5 Favourite Vloggers!

When I first got into sewing I was inspired by some vloggers, so I thought I would share with you some of my favourites.

The first vlogger I stumbled across was the lovely Rosabella and her channel 'Sewn'.
Rosa is just so lovely to watch and listen to, and she makes lots of things that a beginner can tackle. Her videos are a mix of show-and-tell, tutorials and hacks. I really like the hacks, her recent Erin
skirt/pinafore hack was amazing.

Rosa is also one half of the team behind the very successful Suzy Magazine - if you haven't seen it yet then you should definitely take a look :-)



Next I discovered the 'I Sew a Lot' channel and the fabulous Amanda. Amanda is just so inspirational, her channel is very aptly named - she does sew a lot!

I find the fact that she manages to find the time to work, be a mum to 2 children and make as much as she does really motivates me. It stops me from telling myself that I just don't have time,  it makes me think that yes, I can find 20 mins here, half an hour there, and I can make something.


The videos tend to toggle between plans and makes but Amanda is also the queen of the 1 hour challenge. I made the Named Paola top after watching her video - and I really loved how she changed the sleeve to add cuffs, it made the finish much easier and I prefer how it looks.



Sarah from 'Like Sew Amazing' is a great vlogger, she has such a clam, gentle way about her that I really enjoy watching. She has some incredible makes such as the gorgeous red dress for 'The Little Red Dress' challenge, but she also makes lots things which are accessible to the beginner/intermediate sewist like me :-)
I really like her tutorial videos such as the bias bound hem tutorial in her Zinnia skirt sewalong.




Canadian Vlogger Lisa is a firm favourite. Her channel is 'And Sew On' and I absolutely love it. She has a good mix of  topics including tutorials, plans, makes, & sewalongs. Lisa also likes putting together capsule wardrobes and I have found these really useful when considering my own wardrobe. Another thing Lisa likes to do is share other sewing channels she has found, it's great to see all those other people out there.

Lisa has the most amazing smile, plus - I don't know what it is about the Canadian accent but I just love listening to it!



Lastly, if you haven't come across 'The Fold Line' - where have you been? The Kate & Rachels YouTube channel has an amazing range of videos including new pattern reviews, book reviews, and
current fashion trend round ups. As well as this channel they have a website which hosts a huge sewing community and tons more info on everything you could ever want to know about sewing. It has a sewing community forum, pattern database, pattern reviews and lots more.



So who are your favourite vloggers? I love discovering more so please let me know,

Ciao, Linda x



Comments