Free T-shirt Pattern - the Mandy Boat Tee from Tessuti patterns

I had this striped fabric from Minerva Crafts which I bought at least a year ago but hadn't got round to making anything. Then the other day I was watching Lisa from 'And Sew On' and she mentioned the free Mandy Boat Tee from Tessuti patterns. It got me thinking that this would be great for my striped fabric.

It is a one-size-fits-all pattern and I was a bit worried that it might swamp my 5' 2" frame. After a lot of instagram stalking and comparing measurements with some of my rtw I decided to take 2" out of the width of the top. The front and back pieces are both cut on the fold so I just folded 1" out of each piece, I left the neck as it was and reduced the width across the shoulder.

The instructions were very clear and the pattern was really quick and easy to put together. I ended up taking 2" off the hem and 2.5" off the sleeves.

It is such a comfortable top to wear and the fabric has the perfect amount of drape, I know I will get lots of wear out of this one.

Ciao, Linda x

Comments